underground cable

renovationman

If it helps we have two of these in red gaine. They are sheathed 3core and not individual wires.  One goes from the house across the driveway to our barn and the other ditto to a light in the middle of the lawn. Both are about 80cms down, well they are where I dug down to find them and I assume they are at the same depth throughout......................JR

PS A web search gave this la profondeur d'une tranchée pour un cable éléctrique est de minimum 60 cm othersites suggest 80cm so which is right je ne sais pas! This site suggests 50cm and 90cms under roads or pavements. http://www.bricoleurdudimanche.com/Fiches-Bricolage/electricite-et-eclairage/installer-une-canalisation-electrique-enterree.html

[quote user="renovationman"]I want to run an underground electricity cable from a spare slot on my tableau to a small tableau in a barn. I have been told I can do this by running the cable through red gaine and burying this 50cm + between the two buildings. Anyone know whether or not this is OK?[/quote]

Yes, it's ok but you must bury in sand and the sand must be a min of 200mm above the gaine with the red plastic indicator mesh strip on top of that. (available at brico's)