Re train as a plumber

smith2

Hi my name is chris and im new to this site. i was wondering if anyone had any info or advice as whether or not i would have to re train as a plumber in france i currently live in the uk but i am looking to move to france.

Thanks chris

• 3 weeks later...

Yes you can train as anything you want in France. You just join the courses and do you apprenticehip as would a French person, but you should at a reasonable level f written and spoken french language before you contemplate the move. If you don't have that then train in England and get your qualifications recognised here at the Chambre de Metier.

The real difficulty you will face is that when you've done all of that and you want to start working over here then its either get a job; which is very difficult, especially so if you've no language skills; or start up yourself. If its that latter then beleive me, you will need some help with the setup structure. Because if you get it wrong then you'll spend all your days working for the benefit of the state and your suppliers and very little for you from your effort; ITS NOT EASY, anyone who says otherwise is not being honest or doesn't really know. You need to be clear about the reasons why you want to live in France and you need to accept that the ways are different here than the UK and they simply will not change to suit any time soon.

Do your research and ask questions of anyone who has/is done/doing it. You'll soon get the idea.

O