Pool fencing again

Joric

Has anyone managed to track down self closing hinges and afnor compliant gate locks in France or UK? I only seem to be able to find this sort of item on the web available from the USA and then I am not sure if the locks are correct, even though they seem to meet the other countries regulations.

Joric

www.Waterair.fr will be selling all the security products needed that conform. At present they are having a lazer system approved that will eliminate the need of a fence, they are also having some alarms tested to meet the norm.

After speaking with someone from Waterair they are in the opinion that a fence is not the best form of security.
All their safety products will be available in the Spring

mike

>Has anyone managed to track down
>self closing hinges and afnor
>compliant gate locks in France
>or UK? I only seem
>to be able to find
>this sort of item on
>the web available from the
>USA and then I am
>not sure if the locks
>are correct, even though they
>seem to meet the other
>countries regulations.
>
>Joric

our pool is in a walled courtyard so we're hoping that if we fit regulation gates we'll be ok. We're planning on DIY'ing the gates & found self-close hinges in Leroy Merlin. They have springs that cost about 10euros - but as my hubby pointed out someone could just push the gate to & it wouldn't latch. I think we're going to go for their more expensive option which is a hinge with a double action- ie closes the gate until nearly closed & then fores it to latch itself - they cost between 40 & 60euros each. i think they're designed for doors (they were in the door furniture / handly section) but should work for gates. There are also gates in their made-to-measure range that appear to comply with height / unclimbability rules. we haven't yet found a double-handed latch mechanism, but would be grateful if anyone else has & can share the info.

suzi & Al
www.patiras.com

Guest CFrost
- Does anyone know of a company near La Rochelle who can supply the right locks or self-closing gates or fit the correct fencing to comply with these new rules. Need to do it next month!