Water testing

Jean,

Having previously had a pool for some years (now thankfully without!)what happens to the health of the pool in the 30 days between checks?

If you take the PH and Chlorine tests every morning and night and keep the pool pump turning for the correct amount of time, it ought to be healthy but, as all pool owners know, sunlight, storms and suncreams and other things, can play havoc with the pool and then you really need to clean and dose the pool well.

Our friends with a 25m X 10m commercial pool do get surprise inspections and the equipment used to test the pool is far more exact than the little "box" that one normally uses.

It could well be that gite pools etc are being brought in to line maybe? If so, it will rather be like the commercial pools having to be ready for an inspection at any time and you forking out.

I guess it will make owners keep their pools in better shape than some I see !!

Miki

We are currently renovating our barn into a gite. Our project manager informed us that if we let the gite with a pool we can avoid having this compulsory test. However, if we let the gite and then add a swimming pool at a later date then we will have to have this test once a month for the cost you mentioned.

I am trying to find out whether this is correct.

----------------------
http://www.sompt.com
Deux-Sevres (region 79)