Robots

Jackie

Not quite a question on pool regs I know but would be very grateful for any experiences with pool cleaning robots. The all singing and dancing ones look to be very expensive and the cheaper ones that attach to the pool pump look as though they might get stuck. One concern I have is the possible long term effect on the pool liner and the other is, apart from cost and bearing in mind that we will be laying out some dosh soon for a fence or what have you, how easy is it to pull out the automatic ones to empty them as I have a back problem!................John in Dept 79

• 2 weeks later...
I have no experience on robots but the suction cleaners that attach to the "normal" pool sweep outlet have proven to be pretty useless for us. They go round and round in random circles till the hose gets tangled or they get stuck in the corners. It is less work to do it manually.

I believe there are robots specially suitable for pools with liners though.

Hi Jackie,

we have a Tigershark I automatic electric pool hoover, which is manufactured in the USA. It is imported and sold by Hydravac in France who charge a fortune for it. Three years ago it was 1600 - I have no idea how much now.

They are fantastic as they use a very fine filter system which really does clean the water as well as picking up debris. I would thoroughly recommend it. It is electric, not too heavy and more importantly does the whole pool on it's own! If you use google just type in Tigershark and have aa look. If you want one they are about $1,100 in the States...

You pays your money...

Richard

• 2 weeks later...