any indoor public pools anywhere?

gert

hello,

just a quick question, does anyone know of any indoor public pools anywhere within the perigueux, sarlat, bergerac triangle or thereabouts. after the summer swimfest my kids are really missing it and used to go all the time in england, or do people only swim in summer in france?

any information would be much appreciated.

St Astier, just to the west of Perigueux has an indoor pool. My children go there with the school.

There is one in Perigueux next to the Pompiers station but I don't know if it is operational or not.

There will be a massive new one being built in the next year or few in Perigueux district, I think at Champcevenil, which will be indoor/outdoor/flumes/jacuzzi etc.

There is also, a little further afield, Angouleme, which has one of these 'leisure' fun pool complexes.

I haven't been to any of them, so I can't give you any more info than that I'm afraid.

Gert, I don't understand the French thinking behind public swimming pools in France. As far as I know the pool in Sarlat is only open in July and August which seem to me just when you don't need it because there are plenty of rivers and lakes around.

Maybe someone can explain.

Hoddy

Hi,

This might be too far for you, about thirty minutes from Bergerac, but it is a good all year round indoor pool. We have used the piscine de Malbentre at Pujols, just outside Villeneuve for the past two years. It is signposted from the Auchan roundabout. Also signposted on the main route from Villeneuve to Pujols. You can buy a card of ten tickets for adults and children. This gives you discounted swims for around 2-3 euros. Children under five go free. The pool temperature is around 27-29c all year. Less than a metre at the shallow end to two metres at the deep end. No boards.It is very clean. They have a small water slide and large floats. Generally a lane is sectioned off for serious swimmers. Proper swim trunks for men required. Speedo type, not shorts. During term time you can only swim between 12-2pm except Wednesdays & weekends. 1 euro (refundable) required for a locker.There is a drink and snack machine in the foyer. This year they opened an outdoor pool with water slides. Beware though, children under 120cm not allowed to use it, but you don't find out until you have paid! Plenty of free parking.

Regards Paul