Converting to a Saltwater system?

I have an oval above ground (hors sol) pool which I am preparing for it's 3rd season. 1st year had no problems keeping pool clean and blue and normal chlorine tablet system. 2nd year tried numerous treatments to clean pool but each time the pool reverted to green water. Have just uncovered for 3rd season, decided to completely empty pool and start again dumping just under 25,000 litres of green water. Pool has been emptied  and cleaned and pump refilled with new sand. Am wondering to continue as previously with chlorine tablets etc or could there be benefits if I converted to a salt water method? Presumably I would need to do it now with fresh water and not with water that has had chlorine added?

Margie,

I am not an expert, that's PoolGuy's dept. but I have a salt water in-ground pool, which is in its 3rd season.

Salt water pools are another way of making chlorine, the salt water itself is not the sanitizing agent, it is the sodium chloride that is produced that is the important thing.

I know hindsight is a great thing, but if I had the limited knowledge I have now when I had a pool installed 3 years ago I would have not gone for a salt water system. What I would have had is a liquid chlorine system which would be regulated by an automatic system, I have an auto system for Ph, but I wish I had one for chlorine.

I have had lots of probs keeping the water sanitized, but I am getting on top of it now.

The only prob is that the auto systems, which seem very good, are not cheap, anything between 1700 and 2300 euros.

Speak to Poolguy, he is the font of all knowledge on this forum.

Good Luck.

Thanks for your kind words JJ

Margie

Send me a PM if you want help with your pool, it doesn;t need to be hard, and it shouldn'r be. Its just that you have been 'sold' poor or not enough information with your pool and equipment. I'm here to bridge the gap and I can do that.

As JJ mentioned, I am an advocate of the Liquid chlorine/pH automatic Pool Controller, because you don't have to do anything and you pool will never go green again, (unless you run out of chlorine).

PM me if you want help

Andrew