Salt pool with a problem

Wils

I have a friend whos salt pool does not seem to be producing natural chlorine, it would appear that the salinator is defective. Perhaps someone (Andrew)? could tell me if it is possible to continue with the pool by simply turning it into a chlorinated pool via the adding of multi-function gallets and monitoring of the ph level . At the end of the season, on his return he can investigate the replacement of his salinator.

Yes Steve is right you can run it as a chlorine direct pool. However the need for testing is something that you will have to get used to. Its a couple of time per week and certinaly before you go in each time... that is if you want to do it properly.

Balance the pH first and then add the chlorine... but carefull now... a little at a time. Don't go throwing 3-4 gallettes into the skimmers as all you will do is cause yourself problems later with tonnes of cyanuric acid in your water.

So test often and add spareingly.

You might want to refresh a large portion of your water to dilute the salt, as of now it served no purpose and will corrode your pool fitting and fixtures faster than a chlorinated pool.

You did not tell me why the electolyser does not work?

Do you want to get it working then?

PM if you need help.

Andrew