Anti Fuite (Leak Sealer)

JJ

Greetings fellow pool owners.

I have a leak in one of my skimmer systems (about 1cm water loss per day) and was advised to purchase a product called "Anti Fuite" or "Colmateur de Fuites"

I purchased the product yesterday at over 50 euros for one litre, which was a bit of a shock.

I have read and digested the instructions, but was wondering if any of you out there had used the product and had any success with it?

Many thanks.

bonjour JJ

i have had a new in ground pool installed and have been plagued with quite a few leaks. the builder (english) is on the case and recently tried the product. it cured the very small leaks, probably pin hole size but anything bigger it seems not to have cured. for me it seems the next step is excavating near the jets and skimmers to check the connections. failing that then the builder will have to renew the pipe runs !!

fun eh !!

hope you have better luck than me, my pool currently drops about 10-15mm every two hours when the pump is running !!

regards

kim

Kim,

Thanks for that, sorry to hear about your leaks, they are a pain, this is my second leak in as many years.

I will give the stuff a go, but I am not that confident. I do not want to dig up the terrace, but sometimes that is the only way?

I have heard mention of pressure testing and re-lining the pipes without having to them up, but I do not know anymore than that, the pressure testing would I suppose identify which system/skimmer had the leak.

Good Luck.

Pressure testing would be the first move I would make, this should determine if the leak is in the plumbing. Pressure testing is not rocket science and any reputable pool person or company should have the equipment available and that would not be an expensive exercise.

Baz