Help! Overfilled our new salt pool, what should I do?

Berlioz

Some damage limitation advice please.

As the water level had dropped below the black line on the skimmers my daughters advised me that we should fill the pool up before himself arrived back from earning a crust in England at the weekend. The instruction book is in techie French.

I don't know how to adjust the salt etc as he is in charge of this but I am guessing that the levels will all be way out. I will obviously have to confess but would like to have some answers ready......

Sadly the tap was left on yesterday (my fault) and the pool is very full, about 3" from the top edge. 

Should I:  Take the bubble cover off and pray for 2 days at 40c? (have done this)

Empty some out ? (How???)

Syphon some out ?

Hope to find a good divorce lawyer?  :(

Edit:  Our landlord also is supposed to have supplied a pool alarm, we moved in 5 weeks ago and it has still not arrived, who is liable legally? Him or Us under the regulations? We have chased him a couple of times but moving in in August with everyone on holiday didn't help I suppose.

Hi Donna,

It's not a big problem.

Firstly turn off the pump, then move the filter main distribution valve from [FILTER] to [WASTE]. Turn on pump and monitor the water level down to your mark. Turn off pump and move distribution valve back to [FILTER] and turn on pump.

By the way as you are topping up your pool I presume you must be in a department that doesn't have water restrictions :>)

Thank you Steve, that is working like a charm! We were surprised not to have restrictions, I made himself double check at the Mairie, until we saw how much it rains when it rains.......  We do have a meter though a new thing for us...    : - (

Donna