Algae and non chlorine system.

Smiley

I installed an above ground timber pool with liner this year. With the deal came a years supply of chlorine free anti algae treatment etc. I now have a few problems. Firstly the pool clouds about every 6 weeks and we have had to use Choc treatment to clear it. Now the pool seems to be developing algae on the bottom. This only happens at the end furthest away from the skimmer/inlet. As the season for the pool is about to end I could do with some advice.

I it OK to stick in 20 litres of bleach before winterising it for this year?

Should I keep running the pump on the timer through the winter (We are very close to the mountains and can get very low temperatures) Or should I drain the pump?

Is the problem with algae the non chloride treatments fault? Do I  need to change to a chlorine system for next season?

Will a chlorine Choc treatment get rid of the algae to last the last 3 weeks of this season or is this risky?

Thanks for any advice.

Smiley

Could you please look at the container of the 'non chlorine anti algae

treatement' and post what the contents are (chemical name)!

Without that information it is rather difficult to tell exactly what is in your pool and what then to do about it.

As for the winterising, If you are unsure about the capacity of your

pump system to circulate the water to stop it freezing then I suggest

that yuo drain the system (pipes, pump, filter) and lower to water

level (below the skimmer).

More when you have returned with the answers.

Andrew

Hi Andrew, Got this reply from my caretaker, is it enough?

"Contrary to all EU regulations, it doesn't say what the chemicals are. I've looked before. All it says is that Product A, the big bottle, contains 20% of hydrogen peroxide.

In the blurb, it says that it's "oxygen active, it autoregulates the PH, it clarifies the water, and it's anti algae and calcium"

It's called "Mimiswim" bottles A & B"

Found this on a french web site, it's what I was given:

Eotec agrandit la gamme de son produit de traitement de l’eau à base d’oxygène actif. L’ECOSWIM, le produit initial, suivi de l’ECOSPA présenté au dernier salon de Barcelone pour la saison 2004, a donné naissance à MIMISWIM spécialement adapté pour les piscines hors sol.
Les deux produits constituant MIMISWIM se présentent dans deux bidons, regroupés dans un seul emballage pour traiter 20 m3.
Le présentoir de mise en vente est un box palette de 75 cartons.

Pour en savoir plus : [email protected] - Url : www.eotec.fr

Smiley

My answer is the same as in the previous post concerning Hydrogen Peroxide.

If its in your pool then nothing else will work, you must either contine to use Peroxide or eliminate it completely from the pool by changing water.

Using products like this are sure to cause more problems than they solve and it happens time and time again.

If you need Specific Help then PM me.

Andew