Weird one!!

When we moved into our house, pool had just been installed, and we have yet to pave around it. Regardless that we are 675 feet above sea level, we had a flood in our cellar, and on checking the pool we found the line had popped out in one corner, and a crease has appeared. This crease appears solid, so I assume there is a foam barrier that has collapsed down behind the liner? I am due to "open up" the pool, but while the level is low, I thought I moght be able to take a look. It doesn't seem a massive repair, but I'm more mechanical. Anyone encountered anything like this? I'm worried about water getting in behind the liner now!

If your pool is new then it should be guaranted by the installer. I

suggest that you get them to take a look and resolve the problem for if

you interfere with it then they will claim that your guarantee is void

and you will be on your own.

I am assuming that the flood in your celler originated from the pool...

does the water have a chlorinated taste or smell - for if it does than

it is sure.

Good luck

Andrew

Didn't explain myself too well there did I!!??

The pool was just out of gaurantee when we moved in (Magiline installed it) which is why I am asking. The pool was drained down for the winter, and it was the flooded cellar that alerted me to how much water had fallen, which made me go and check the pool. It looks like the water had got in and bulged the liner out because it was drained, as the crease starts where the water finished. The liner has freed itself as well as there are two clips out, and I cannot even get those back in!

Magiline said it would be about 600 euros to fix, but haven't been out to see it, and can't get to it this year (!!!!), hence the reason I was looking myself

• 2 weeks later...

Now I know its a bit late in the day to get involved but how old is your pool?

Magiline currently warranty their structure for 10 years under  frances civil liability, articles 1792, 1792-2 & 1792-3 of the french civil code on builder performance. ( you will note I said currently, I am not sure how long this has been in effect.  

also their liners are covered by a 10 year defect guarrantee.

In the case of getting you liner back in the magiline method is to not overly gently pust the liner clips into the runner and then use half a wooden cloths peg to wedge it in the corners you will end up with a run of 4-5 pegs.

if your pool has been emptied your liner will probably also require vacuuming to the side this is not an easy job with a domestic vacuum but it can be done. leave it vacuuming unti the water is well over the first step