Pool Circulation and Filtration

sueb

Hi,

I'm looking at purchasing a swimming pool this year and am currently researching the best option for our budget which will probabley be an inground DIY kit.  I understand that filtration, circulation etc is one of the most important aspects and have been looking at the Hayward pumps, filtration systems supplied with the kits on  http://www.phpshopxml.com/boutiquepiscine.shop/getNewCID/true/function/itemPageDisplay/shopItemCode/PISCINEBETON/setShopProfileCode/EUROPEENG.Could anybody advise whether the Hayward pumps and filtration system supplied with these self build kits in particular the Piscineclassique are sufficient to give adequate circulation. Also has anybody else purchased one of these pools and installed one. Any comments advantages/disadvantages would be appreciated as they seem to be particularly good value.

Sue

I can answer your question only up to a point. I can say that Hayward pool equipment is generally of good quality. I can also say that if you choose the right configuration of equipment then you will enjoy a good pool which will by and large give you very little trouble, but rather years of enjoyment.

However its not yet clear what size of pool you want to buy - I am guessing that it is the 8 x 4 offer, but I can't see how many litres are contained.

Its vital to know the volume for calculating adequate circulation and filtration rates. I use 3 hours as a norm, which is a figure back up by the DDASS (dept of Health)

This means, how long does it take for all the water in the pool to go through the filter - in the case of my pools ... a 3 hour period. In France at the moment the trend has been 5 hours, 6, or I have sometimes seen 7 and 8 hours. This is a horrendous result giving rise not only to a pool which is difficult to manage but also a serious health risk.

Its not easy to specify this and its not just down to the size of pumps and filter, there are pipe sizes, number and position of skimmers, returns, bottom drains and so forth.

If you need any help the by all means contact me and I will help all I can.

Andrew