water testing

There seems to be several kits on the market for testing water.  I currently use a droplet and phail system for chlorine & PH.   I am happy with this but sometimes wonder whether I read the comparisons as well as I should.   What do others think about what they use? 

hi hurry up harry

There are lots of threads on water testing which will give you the answers.  The best testers are digital - either the Scuba+ or Palintest.  It's good to look at threads before suggesting us out there can't be bothered to reply......

There is a new digital tester from the USA which I recently purchased and I am very impressed with the ease of use and the results. The price is extremely good and certainly is available in the UK with  prices  discounted as low as £33, making it far less than other similar testers. I have no connections with the company, but it gives fast accurate digital results in seconds and  tests for free chlorine bromine pH and total alkalinity. It is called Aquachek Trutest Meter and can be seen at this site http://www.aquachek.com/default.asp, for suppliers and prices use Google.

Baz

I have had the Palin Cool Pool Tester and I now have a Scuba+. They are both good, but the Scuba+ does more and I think is easier to use. It only takes a few mins to do the tests.

I know very little about salt pools as mine is an auto dosing chlor/PH system. The difference has been done to death on other threads, but I would think that as long as the chlor in your salt pool is at the correct level then the salt can't be far behind. There may be others that can throw more light on it for you!

Please don't think that just because you don't get an answer within an hour or so that the folks on this forum don't want to know. I for one usually look in quite frequently, but at the moment we have family staying with us and the PC takes a back seat, big time!! I would think that I am not alone in this??[:D]

Being new to the site I would not have known what has gone before and I am still finding my way around - you can see me number of posts.   If there had been a previous thread then may be you could have told me.   I did not wait an hour, I waited 4 days [8-)]

I appreciate the comments from all, positive and otherwise as it has been a learning experience.   I like the digital idea and will explore one of the options suggested.

Thanks again to all

Chris from Piscine Plus answered for me.

You can seem more on Scuba+ and Palin test on my website.

Its good to get new visitors and new members and all are welcome.

But please understand that everyone contributes to this site as an assistance voluntarily and its a bit thick to say that we ‘couldn't be bothered’.

It’s the middle of the season, you must know that and I for one do not get to my bed before 1am any night as the work load is crippling.

I contribute as much as I can as you can see from my post total, but I cannot offer comment to everyone, especially if it was covered amply in the same week on other threads or by other posters.

Never the less I hope that you have found what you are looking for.

Andrew

I think someone else used the couldnt' be bothered line, not me.   I guess I was hoping for a resolution to my need sooner but I have been very grateful for the postings since, especially the ones that pointed me towards tru test and this is what I will buy as this represents good value for money considering the benefits it returns v's the cost of the Scuba+......... or may be I am being a bit thick!

I have the AquaChek TruTest which I bought from the local Big Mat (they also sell the strips at 8 euros for 50).  It seems much better than a manual solution, and so far I am happy with it.  Saying that I have never used Scuba+ or CoolPool Tester.

The Aquachek TruTest is a great peice of kit and does away with the uncertainty of colour comparitors.   Sometimes you look at them and you are not quite sure where your colour sits against the comparitor and if you are colour blind then a digital reading has to be better than a comparitor.   They are not designed for professional use and have small tolerances built in.   A profesional kit would cost a lot more but being about 2.5 times cheaper than the Scuba+, which has its merits, it represents great value.  PM me for our website link if you want to know more.   Incidentally, we also offer free testing for free chlorine, total chlorine, pH, calcium hardness, total alkalinity, cyanuric acid, copper, iron, nitrates and borate, all from one sample you send us. Again PM me or email if you wish.