GREEN POOL

Hi everyone,

Made the mistake of going back to UK for two weeks, left the pool with summer cover on , turned heat pump down to 22 - 23 , put in some chlorine and left.

Came back yesterday and the water has turned green, so I put in some anti algae liquid about 4 litres, and suddenly the water started to foam , so I thought I would add a bit of chlorine and run the filter continually , I think the water is marginally lighter green after about 24 hours or so but it is still foaming .

Anyone out there had a similar problem and how do I cure it ( I know - dont go back to UK )

Regards

Billy10

This is one of the problems with using anti algae and the other is that most are copper based which is not a good thing to have too much of.   The copper issue is my main problem with using such a product but the foaming tends to suggest that you have over dosed.   The only way is to dilute, so this means draining some water off and topping up.

Sorry, I should have said this is to combat the foaming.   Dealing with the original situation, just use chlor choc and 24 hour filtration for a few days, then back wash.   Most times this will work for you.   There are also other measures you can take but they have other effects as well.

You should also know that typically the filtration and circulation in these above ground pool packages is wholly inadequalte to keep a clean and sanitary pool even more so one whihc is heated.

If you wish to avoid this problem in future then you might consider upgrading your technique locale or at least the addition of Zeolite in the filter.

Andrew