Dormant inground Pool

The inground pool was completed November 2007, filled with water and chemicals applied to winterise, with the water level dropped below the piping.

Due to circumstances we havn't yet been able to revisit France and the pool is still dormant.

The water and electricity to the site has been suspended  due to our absence.

Question is what to do now to maintain it in this,'safe mode'? condition for at least 6 more months?

Greatful for the best and simplest solution.

Thanks

Pools should not be left empty for any length of time no matter if they are liner or not.

But no problem if its emptied and filled after cleaning

best to do it when its a dry period to limit any problem of underground water.

if he pumps it out with a big pump 20cu hr it will not take long and it will be scrubbed and  re filled the same day, just like changing a liner

Chrish

Ps reading my last post may have sounded like i meant leaving the pool empty so i hope thats better

cheers

Not sure how correct this is, by I read on an American pool forum, I guy in Arizona emptied, cleaned and refilled his pool during the night, since the intense heat in the day could have damaged the pool (its gets well over 100 degrees farenheit in Arizona and I think the post quoted something like 115!)

Thanks Guys, fully understand your advice. It is a liner and there is a pool cover in place - I hope.

Should we have more chemicals added or leave it as is for at least 6 more months?

Will the water, in what ever chemical condition, do damage to the liner other than cleanable gunk.

Can anyone help to find a pool maintenace company in the Eymet/Bergerac region?

Thanks.