Inflatable Pools

Richard T

These little inflatable pools measuring 3 metres by .76 with a filter pump - are they any good or are they more trouble than they're worth? OK, I know you get what you pay for but I'm just looking for something cheap and cheerful for the moment but my local Woolies in the UK is selling them off at £15 but Castorama is listing them at 79 euros.

Richard T

My sister got an Intex one for her son. Its 3m by 70ish cm deep. Although it has the outlets for a pump, one wasnt included (neither was a cover). It cost 30€ from Auchan or Geant.

I have got the larger one 4 or 5 meters diameter and waist deep on an adult here at the gites, and I find them to be a pain in the ass. Easy, quick and cheap- they are, but their limited size means they are no use for anything more than a "splashabout".

Plus, cats like to drink from them, both here and my sisters house. The cat jumps up onto the donut and drinks from the pool, steadying itself with claws - resulting in lots of little holes, lots of stickon patches, repair tapes and glue spots and having to re-inflate it every 2 days.

The decision here isnt up to me, but if I had my way, Id bin it and not bother with a pool untill we have budgeted for a proper one.