new pool purchase

I'm going to buy an overground pool but am at a bit of a loss as to which is best on a small budget.

I'm thinking about an Intex metal frame one 4m57x1m22 , price is 447 euros

(You can see it on http://www.piscine-autoportante.fr/piscine-metal-frame-457-p-822.html if you want)

I'm thinking of this because there are a lot of cats about and I'm worried about a blow up one but does anyone have any experience of this pool and is it a good price? And will my twelve year old and her mates be able to actually swim in it? And is it easy to put together?

Any tips appreciated!

Thanks

Hi, we have just purchased an Intex Metal side pool 16 foot diameter and 4 foot deep.  Not good with metric, but I think ours will be ok for a paddle and cool down, but not for actual swimming. I'm 1.70m in height 5 Foot 8", so if you try and think of it that way, you will prob only get a few kicks and then you will be there.   I have a 10 year old and 9 year old.  I bought the metal frame in hope that it will be stronger and less likely to puncture.  Seems a good price.  We have yet to put it up, as it says in the instructional video, to leave in the sun for a few hours to get the liner to warm up and be more pliable, but it's rained the last few weekends.

Hi,

We had one of those pools, and it was great fun - tho' you can't have a proper swim ( unless you go in circles!). the only problem was, when we put it away for the winter, mice got to it and chewed several holes!! We had a bit more cash the next year, so now we have a 7.5m x 4.5m solid-sided above ground pool. Now the bottom has a few "dips" in the sand, due to moles!!

Thanks for your comments. I'm now the proud owner of this pool, but got it for less than 300 euros from a company called Zyke -on their website it's about 450 but if you buy it from one of their shops it's much cheaper.(I think it's limited stock at last year's prices) There are 3 outlets around Bordeaux, one near Angouleme and a couple of others I think.

Just got to level the ground now...