Pool safety/legals

Well I didn't think I would be making enquiries in this section but the children and 'her' got the better of me!  Just purchased an above ground pool (Intex 12'X24') and we are obviously keen to keep the pool safe and 'legal'.  As I have, until now, managed to avoid pool issues I have not done much research into legal requirements and therefore only have a sketchy awareness of the requirements for having a pool in France.  I am therefore appealing for any relevant advice/information to ensure we fulfill our responsibilities.  Specifically I wish to know if any requirements for having a fix pool are also applicable to temperary above ground pools, particularly fencing, locked gates, alarms etc.  Any info. on this issue would be greatfully received. 

No such regulation exists for above-ground pools.

Let common sense prevail. Think of the worse that could happen and do your best to prevent it.

We have an above-ground pool with wooden surround.

We systematically remove the access ladder when the pool is unattended, to avoid accidents with children who might wander in the garden.

We do not have pots or anything around the pool which could be used by children to climb on the edge of the pool.

We always use a safety cover in winter, when we're less likely to be outside.

We have a padlock on the lock of the pump/filter housing.

Many thanks for that Clair.  The pool will only be used initially during the summer hol's, as we are 'part timers' and it will be covered when not in use during this time and removed when we are abscent.  I anticipate putting the pool in a location that is boardered on two sides by thick, prickly hedges and then putting a 0.8m high wire stock fence around the remainder, not very stylish but the childrens' safety is paramount.  I simply thought that there might be a requirement for the fence to be at least 1m and of a more perminant nature but obviously it is not a perminant structure.  Thanks again.