Buying Travel insurance in France?

tonigreen

Help, this time I admit defeat!! We now live here but are currently covered under E106, we are travelling to Greece for a wedding & need travel insurance. Don't seem able to purchase in UK? & havn't found the equivalent here in France . Any ideas would be appreciated.
Surely were not the only people going on holiday elsewhere?
Thanks for any assistance

Toni

• 2 weeks later...
Toni

We are in very similar position. As well as getting (well still trying to get actually ...) French E111s we've taken out annual travel insurance through Gaye Galliver of British Insurance Brokers of Aquitaine. She has also got us single trip insurance in the past ... and is always very efficient (i.e. same/next day cover).

her e-mail address is :

[email protected]

Best wishes

Chris and Martin

Doesn't the holiday company you have booked with offer insurance, I have travelled with an English company to latin America on land only basis and got insurance from them as I am in the EEC;
Depending on what sort of travel Le Guide de Routard offer their own insurance scheme- look at their website:
Happy travelling
Wendy

LAST EDITED ON 10-Sep-02 AT 10:09 AM (GMT)

Have you not got house insurance?????????? French companies often have overseas cover for limited periods included, but I believe that you would need an E111 to accompany it. The E111 should be easily obtained from your local CPAM office, I usually just ring them and they send them out quickly.

There is also the good old Gold Card, if you paid for your holiday with one your holiday insurance would be covered.

NB I am only talking about health care when mentioning any house insurance you have rather than delayed flights, missing baggage etc as I don't know whether they cover to that extent.