long term rent lyon?

lucky luke

I live in Lyon.  Your best bet is to look in paruvendu and top affaires, the free ads papers that also have internet sites.  If you live in Lyon there is a primary school every 500m, I'd say, it's a very densly populated area.  If you don't know Lyon, you want to look at 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and part of the 8th arrondissements, (but not the boulevard des Etats unis)  Villeurbanne is ok, but the area within the ring road only.  Avoid Venisseux and Vaulx en Velin.  The areas to the west, outside the city, are ok, but expensive, Francheville, Ecully and so on.  Caluire et Cuire are residential suburbs to the north.  The South is very industrial, avoid it.

Just to add to that, the 1st and 2nd arrondissements are the city centre.  Lots of families live in the 4th, which is pretty, (the top of the hill, definitely not the slopes).  There are lots of new buildings in the 8th, and the 6th is very nice because the park is nearby.  The park is amazing, it has a fantastic zoo, lions, tigers, zebras, bears, monkeys, you name it, loads of play areas, gorgeous gardens, a beautiful lake, perfect for kids.

• 1 month later...
Oh dear, so Ecully is expensive?

I was thinking to rent a small flat for myself up to 250 EUR/month maybe in a student residential area?

I don't mind commuting to school in Ecully if the transport is within 30 min one way.

Any websites I can check for student residence by any chance?