Carte Vitale Queries

Katieb

I have 2 queries regarding our Carte Vitale and hope somebody could shed some light on the matter;

1. Although we received our cartes in October, i have just noticed on the paper work a comment saying..."carte a mettre a jour de preference a partir du 31.7.06 ou en cas de changement de situation" and in the information booklet received with the carte there is a statement saying " vous pourrez alors mettre a jour votre CV dans les points de mise a jour etc " Are we supposed to validate our cards in the special points in pharmacies/CAM or is this an expiry date?

2 My second query is, that my husband has just set up a micro enterprise (for web development and PC troubleshooting) and has received a replacement CV which does not include myself and our 5 yrs daughter as beneficiaries - would our previous CV still be valid for myself or should we query it with the issuing Caisse as we were under the impression we would all be covered on his new CV (in this case - would we each receive our own CV again?)

Thanks for any info

Kate

Thanks - very prompt reply!

When you say you update your catre regularly - is that by swiping it at the pharmacies/Caisse office? - sorry to be dim! The printed wording on our attestation - does that say that we must update our cards before that date shown?

My husband's new new carte is with a different Caisse - RAM, mine is with the original caisse CPAM. I think you are right - it does sound that we need to query my replacement card with them.

Kate

I must say that it was so long ago that I had a letter telling me to update that I can only suppose that I did it when told to. As there are bornes in many pharmacies and at the Caisse de Maladie that I just do it from time to time.

If your husband is at a different Caisse then I think you should contact his and your current one and see what you should do.

[quote user="Katieb"]

2 My second query is, that my husband has just set up a micro enterprise (for web development and PC troubleshooting) and has received a replacement CV which does not include myself and our 5 yrs daughter as beneficiaries - would our previous CV still be valid for myself or should we query it with the issuing Caisse as we were under the impression we would all be covered on his new CV (in this case - would we each receive our own CV again?)

[/quote]

Kate, this happened to us as well. Even though I'm a "conjoint collaboratrice" in our new enterprise, when they switched us over to the new caisse, they forgot to change me and just changed my husband. However, CPAM showed that I was no longer covered with them either.  Luckily, the paperwork was relatively simple and everything was retroactive.  However, we did wind up going in person to make sure they had copies of all the necessary documents.  I would call your NEW caisse ASAP and get this taken care of.

PG