Hearing Aid in France

cottonbike

• 3 weeks later...
We live here. however, i still post my book and batteries back to england with stamped addressed envelope and they send me replacements. i have also requested tubing in the same way with no problem. i even sent them a faulty aid some time last year and they posted me a completely new one - albeit with a note saying that in future they wouldnt send an aid abroad.

The system here in france seems to be: 1. gp, who gives address of 2. audiologist who gives hearing test and a prescription to take to 3. a hearing aid supplier such as Audika. this prescription entitles you to 14 day free trial of digital aids. the ones i tested would have cost around 2500 euros for the two (i think - my mind goes blank when you get to such high figures) As it happens - and fortunately for me - they were no better than my current aid so i didnt buy them. The reimbursement would have been negligible - about 20 euros i think. Same sort of deal as buying specs over here.

However, the new moulds were excellent - so much better than any i have ever had in england and so i purchased them for around 140 euros for 2. reimbursement was only 5 euros. hope this helps.