FLUE JABS

vab

My husband was eligable for the flue jab in UK as a medical condition warranted this. Is this available in France and what is the criteria if it is?  He was at the doctors last week and forgot to enquire  (men ! ) Can anyone throw any light on the subject?

If he has a condition such as diabetes or is over 65 he should receive a letter and prescription from the CPAM.  You give the prescription to the doctor for him to verify that you can have the jab, then you pick up the vaccine from the pharmacy.  Ask for the telephone number of the nurse and ring for an appointment.  She/he will come to your home and give you the jab which will be signed for and you send your receipt (the nurse will charge) back to the CPAM for reimbursement.  It is called le vaccin antigrippal.

Your

OK La Vette let's try again.

We just go to our pharmacy and ask for two flu jabs. This year they cost 6,52€ each. We then take them to our doctor's surgery and in between patients he gives us the jabs without any charge. Maybe we've got a particularly helpful GP.

We then send the receipt from the pharmacy to our mutuelle ( top up insurer ) and we are then reimbursed 100% by the insurer as a condition of our policy.

We've done this here and in Spain ( although we had to pay this ourselves ) for a number of years. Neither of us has a pre-existing medical condition putting us in a high risk category. Couldn't be easier.

Benjamin

Hello

Many thanks to you both for answering. Sorry I have taken a while answering this but as you both had things edited I was deleted TOTALLY and it has taken me two days of emailing them to be reinstated as when I tried to login I was being refused. All sorted now as you can see. Once again  thank you !!!