Top-up insurance

Mikejac

I am trying to decide on the best value for money top-up for my wife and myself, but am confused over the percentage issue.  How likely is it that we would be charged over the TC for medical treatment as inpatients or outpatients.  Should we opt for 100%, 125%, 150% etc.

Any advice on this would be appreciated

Mikejac

This has been covered in the past and well covered indeed.  It must be in the archives somewhere.  Indeed the well known contributor Will has dealt with this in considerable detail.

The question is when is 100% 100% and when is it 150% and when is it 200%

I have just been through that obtained three quotes 1) Britline 2) Groupama and 3) a mutuelle in St Lo and sorry there was a fourth and which I have forgotten and it may have been Exclusive down south.

We just compared coverage with cost thought about our likely exposure and problems and as we have a local agency just two minutes away and there was nothing between them and the Britline offering we opted for Groupama.  It is run by a local lady who lives in our village so on the basis that if something goes wrong you have someone close by we went to Groupama.  I am not sure if they are good better or worse than others we shall see.  Very unfortunately my wife and just days after signing the contract was rushed into hospital with a heart problem so we shall soon find out our fate.

Also our Carte Vitale says on the attestation 100% cover but that is only in respect of a specific illness and from which my wife suffers.  I thought that 100% was 100% it is not.