concerns or not!

maude

Hi Folks.I have a couple of concerns even after 6 years here,and wondered what other people have experienced.Following a sat morning doctors visit ,and diagnosed with a painfull but non serious fracture.I was prescribed 2 sets of tablets for pain relief and anti inflamation.So far-so good.This time however it was the first time on my infrequent visits that the doc didnt take my blood pressure routinely or ask about any other health problems or allergies to any drugs.This afternoon after just one days treatment, I had a very uncomfortable reaction-presumably to one of the drugs prescribed.On searching google for the drug side effects,one in particular sounds to have the possibility of very serious side effects-all reported to have occurred in France.This particular drug could not get its license for the USA due to these effects.My concern here is that neither of us here in France have ever been quizzed on any family related illnesses or reactions to treatment such as allergies to penicillin etc,and in fact our English medical records which we paid for and brought out have always been more or less poo-pooed as a waste of time!Now with some form of family history ,there is usually more screening for related medical prblems such as diabetes,prostate cancer,cervical cancer,blood pressure,heart disease etc.It seems to be a failure of trust somewhere along the way.

Meanwhile,I have ceased taking the tablets and will phone the doc in the morning.Just a thought that concerns us and wondered what other forum members experiences have been.(Blood pressure lowered after writing this)                    Maude