Finally have an offer on my house

My ex signed a form basically allowing me to sign for the compromis when I get it, so it will save an extra two weeks.

I've no idea whether they need a loan or not, I know very little about them.

Good point about the power of attorney thing, I'll inform the agent and notaire once I have the compromis.

Thanks for the congrats too :)

[quote user="Mr Ceour de Lion II"]

I've no idea whether they need a loan or not, I know very little about them.

[/quote]

The compromis will tell you - I assume the agent will go through it with you once you've received it - otherwise you need to ask, as this can be a get out on their part if the loan isn't forthcoming.

Another thing to remember is to let the Notaire have your bank details in good time so that the proceeds can be sent to you without delay.

Yes, I will do that too.

Well, they have signed it, and the agent will email it to me tomorrow for me to sign.

They'll also mail it out to me, for me to sign and when I get the original copy from my ex saying she's happy for me to sign, then we're all set.

Still don't know details of how they will be paying for it, but at least the reports have come back ok, which was one concern.

I feel the noose loosening all the time. I'm looking forward to being able to think of my time in France with fond memories, rather than the resentment that has dominated these past 12 months.