Question about "douche autobronzante" in Paris

cell

Hello,

I have maybe a bit unusual question: for my new job I need to meet many

new customers and I am very pale at the moment so I am thinking to

start going to a tan centre but I am concerned that it may not be very

healthy. I heard that there is something called "douche autobronzante"

which is kind of a shower with a tan cream that works for 1 week.

However, since it's chemical, I am curious if it is also very unhealthy

or it's fine?.. What is generally better: tan lamp or shower?..

Also, the problem is that there are not so many places with such a shower

around Paris - I found one (if someone is interested or need it, I found

one in the centre of Paris, I think it's called Carre Soleil and it's

on the street rue Taitbout, I don't remember exactly the house number,

I think it's between 40 and 50 - the staff was nice and helpful) but

it's very far from me - I live and work just outside Paris

not far from Porte d'Orleans so will be very happy if someone can suggest

tan centres with "douche autobronzante" between Cite University and Antony?..

Thanks a lot in advance!!!

Why not just remain "pale and interesting"?

Alternatively, there are several mosturising facecreams on the market which work gradually to give what is meant to be a "sunkissed" look.

Both of these should be completely healthy.

Of course you could just go on a quickie, cheapie week to Tenerife and soak up some real sun.

Having worked for a short while at LWT I know that anyone made up for TV, be they actors or interviewers have to be painted orange just to have a normal skin colour under studio lighting.

On that basis it must be really frightening to bump into Dale Winton, David Dickinson or Katie Price [:-))]

So sorry Cell - you are a Newbie here - and might have expected somebody to give you an honest answer, to an honest question- so I hope you haven't been put off forever! Questions often get comments which are either unwanted, unwarranted or often plain rude- but mostly not nasty but just full of good British sarcasm!

Sorry too to say that I agree with the others - the resulting colour is so artificial, and I am absolutely sure it's not good for you (although I have no evidence - will try to Google it some time). Any chance of taking a week's hols to Tenerife or Egypt - although full non-stop sun on fair skin in mid of winter can't be good for you either. Bonne chance - hope you come back to the forum. Swissie

Thanks guys for all your answers - I haven't been put off by the funny answers but actually quite liked that ;) ...

I have to agree that after having a few tan sessions, my tan looks a bit artificial (what a surprise) but I believe

it's still better than having a look as if I just climbed out of the tomb (that's what my colleagues have been telling me ;) ).

But I will stop the tan sessions for now particularly since it looks like the spring is finally coming and will wait

for the next holiday to go to some nice and sunny place ;) !..

Cell, about your douche auto bronzante, I also prefer to look slightly bronzed, and have tried I find even the newest creams unpleadantly smelly, and finally gave up trying them. I find that frequent doses of French sunshine throughout the year give sufficient colour, just pottering around, not as in sunbathing, and I always wear a high factor suncream on my face. A bonus is that my grey retreats as the hair becomes blonder in the sun! [:D]

PS - glad you weren't put off by the fun your question led to!

Potasium permanganate - had to use it for a week with baby uno and nappy rash (73) - it stained the water purple and her skin ... blotchy, patchy brown - but it did clear the eczema quickly!

Cell - glad you liked the banter and hopefully will come back for more. Hope you haven't been tangoed too much. xx  Swissie