nowhere near Spain, and Digibox not working!

Stop me if you've heard this before but....

Digibox works fine without card, gets all the free to air channels, does what you ask it, generally plays nicely.

Then one day, through the post, the free to view card arrives and everything changes....

First the box doesn't acknowlege the card at all, then (with the help of a few hard boots) eventually it grudgingly takes on board the idea of a card and - after a lot of nagging -eventually puts up a listing which includes ITV and Ch4, and then works properly for precisely 2 hours and thereafter refuses to take any notice of the remote.
So it's down to controlling everything with the buttons on the front. And that's where we are now.

The remote is a known good one with fresh batteries (happily controls another digibox with no problems), so that's not the problem. Anyone got any ideas before I post it back to the dealer in the UK?

paul

ps. you'd never imagine how hard it is to bubble-wrap a digibox with an axe embedded in it!

LAST EDITED ON 04-Jan-04 AT 00:18 AM (GMT)

Your remote control may have wrong information in its memory, therefore reseting will remove all its memory. This can be done as follows.

To perform a RESET press TV and then hold SELECT and RED BUTTON together for around two seconds until the red light blinks twice. Now press 999 red light blinks once for a long time and then twice quickly.

This changes the TV model code back to default 038, clears the macro and deletes any Key Magic changes that you have made.

You can then enter the correct code for your TV set and then set the turn-on channel to the one you want.

If you do not know the codes for your TV look here at the list.
http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/digicode.htm

I hope this may solve your problem, it has certainly worked for me in tha past.

Baz

Your box was probably running an old version of the software. New cards aren't recognised by software versions under V3.

Remove the card. Reboot the box. Check the software version (services menu). It probably wouldn't hurt to reload the software and you will find descriptions of how to do this in the archives.

If you are sure that you have V3 then you can insert the card.

From what you describe I suspect that your box updated itself when you made the various resets and a reload will ensure that the software is properly loaded. Unfortunately new software sometimes upsets digiboxes and can lead to the problems you describe.

What you don't say is whether your card is a new one or a replacement one. New ones need activating.