HOW TO USE A UK TELEVISION IN FRANCE

Having spent many months worrying about having to buy a new television to replace my UK (PAL,NTSC) television, I discovered to my great pleasure that if you connect it to Noos digital (perhaps for other cable operators) then it all works just fine with no changes necessary!

I'm not sure why exactly - Noos an output PAL but I didn't think it was the same format as the PAL-I in use in the UK - I think I was mistaken.

The only problem is that you need to be on the AV channel (it won't work with the standard channels on your TV) and use the Noos controller to change channels.

In addition you have the ability to change most films into the orginal language and also to have subtitles (I was also worried this would not work).

Hope this is of use to others!

Regards,

-Rob-
By the way, Noos did tell me it WOULDN'T work...!

I believe, though Mazan who I defer to on all things technical, will correct me that you must be connected via a SCART/ PERITEL. Therefore the sound comes through crudely via four wires in the SCART rather than being tuned in by the therefore the difference in sound transmission frequency is not an issue.

Before we all break out the Limoux, remember that cable coverage is not very wide spread in France

http://www.noos.fr/prospect/index.php

has a post code check