UK TV in France

For those looking to receive Uk channels in France the following worked for me & is just great !

Purchased free2view card in UK with Uk address via credit card payment, took only 3 days to arrive.

Purchased second-hand Sky Pace Digibox for 99 from local satellite installers in UK, very helpful. They activated card in their workshop after I made initial call to free2view.

Brought digibox complete with card to France & purchased satellite dish from Castorama, 80cm @ around 49 euros.

Erected dish myself & used local TV shop engineer to position the satellite dish, cost 56 euros.

Result, all UK channels, also approx another 25 various channels.

All working perfectly !

It really is that easy! I would venture to suggest that someone capable of erecting a sat dish is also capable of aligning it. Even if you can't get the correct signal, you can't do any damage.

I hope that your experiences will convince others to give it a go.

Happy viewing! (remind me why you want to watch the TV?)

Nick
http://www.aplaceinfrance.com

>>
>Purchased free2view card in UK with
>Uk address via credit card
>payment, took only 3 days
>to arrive.

Why did you have to pay for your free2view card? I phoned them up and they sent it to me for nothing. Sorry it's not much good to you now but other readers should be able to save themselves some cash!

Nick O'D

• 4 weeks later...
at the moment I have a tv arial on the roof and an old astra system ( not digital) I can still get plenty of dutch and german transmissions but the only english is cnn and a music channel .I want to get a free to view system up and running and am coming over from England in 10 days time to my house in the touraine dept 37 what are the views to my best way of doing it and what do I need to purchase for the changeover