Tiscali forfait goes up to 75

Is this genuine?

Tina was emailing yesterday, when the Tiscali server froze. WHen I ran IE, we were presented with a page (not the one we asked for) thus (rather poor machine translation, I'm afraid);

You benefit today from an Unlimited fixed price Internet Total Tiscali and you use to connect you to Internet, in a permanent or occasional way, a line ISDN. To continue to profit from Internet and in accordance with the General Conditions from Use of Tiscali, in particular article 1.1.3 of the Particular Provisions, you will have to subscribe to Total the Illimit fixed price option ISDN. The price of your Total Illimit fixed price option ISDN will be from now on of 74,95 per month.

What you it will occur?

Your new Total Illimit fixed price option ISDN will automatically replace your preceding fixed price as from your next invoice. And you will continue to profit in real time from the improvements from our network and the new Tiscali services.

And if I wish to cancel my subscription?

If you wish to cancel your subscription before this date, it is enough for you to address your request by simple letter to us to the following address: Tiscali - ISDN 33071 Bordeaux cedex.

Well sincerely,

Stphanie Joelle Direct of the Subscriptions

N.B. Your residence east can be located in a zone where the ADSL Tiscali is available. If you have another telephone line (not ISDN), to check immediately if you can also benefit yourselves from the ADSL Tiscali, while clicking here. If you do not have another telephone line, you must beforehand cancel your line ISDN near your operator and transform this one into analogical line.

Attention, to be able surfer again, you owe reconnecter.

Is it genuine, or a hoax (I can't imagine how it would work if it were a hoax). I promptly signed up with 9Online for the price I was originally paying Tiscali, so if it was a hoax, then it was aimed at Tiscali....

I am using ISDN & can't get ADSL - am I being naive in thinking that a 3-fold increase for ISDN is a rip-off?

Nick
http://www.apl

No Nick

it is right. If you look up Tiscali website, the charge if you use ISDN is 75 euros a month. I think this is ridiculous. It is impossible now to get unlimited use with ISDN. AOL have stopped it, and only offer good schemes for ADSL. Too bad if you cant get it. Even Wanadoo which I use, the max I can get is 100 hours for 24 euros. It seems unfair, because their English counterpart Freeserve (which is now to be known as Wanadoo), still do an unlimited access. Oh for ADSL - but I am too rural to get it for at least a couple more years!!

• 5 weeks later...
Nick

The note, as everyone else has confirmed, is genuine. I had the same problem and on Mazan's suggestion moved accounts to 9online. I am not sure if it is a bug, but I can get 128k connection at all times (using the Numeris Duo I had installed). The charges are about EUR20 per month and I am online at least 10 hours a day working from home.

the offer is at: http://www.neuf.fr/offres/rtc/offre.asp?classe=rtc&debit=illimite

However, before you do this, check using you postcode on: http://www.agence.francetelecom.com/vf/navs/frame.php?fh=5&fg=5&cf=A/vf/internet_multimedia/haut_debit/index.shtml to see when ADSL is being switched on in your commune.

ADSL will only work with an analogue line, so FT will need to convert your ISDN line back to analogue if that is all you have.

Hope that helps