My mate has just got Tiscali ADSL (512kb) with a free modem and I see it's only 20 per month. Is there any catch, is it unlimited use?

I have ADSL via Wanadoo and it's not the cheapest but it was all I could get at the time but it's 19 more per month so I am interested in chamnging over. Any comments?

Finally if there are no catches how do I cancel my Wanadoo account and is there some notice period once you have gone past one year?

Chris

http://www.chambresdhote.com

LAST EDITED ON 25-May-04 AT 10:32 PM (BST)

Chris,

We are on ADSL and so is TU, in fact she beat us to it !!

I checked it it was available and finally it came up "Yes" in less than 2 weeks we had all the gear sent through and an hour later........ bosh all working !!

No problems, there were a couple of early glitches, quick call to Tiscali and it ended up that it was the fault of our Zone Alarm and too high a risk being "checked"

Tiscali ADSL is 24/7 and no catches except that you have to pay 99 euros on your normal phone bill to F.T for cancellation of your old line and then being out on the new line. Still at 5 euros a month saving, you get yer money back in under 2 years! still, think of the speed !!

The other good thing is the fax machine and spare phone are now freed up as they were on the old analogue line and it tied up the line (we have another commercial line as well)when the computer was online, with ADSL you can stay online and any phone or fax on that line will be OK. Tiscali supply filters to be able to use another phone on the same the line which annul all the "noises", NO don't ask me, ask Tiscali !!

We were offered 2048 kbs but when we asked Tiscali, the chap said, "not yet old chap"! Mind you, as we don't download an awful lot the 512 is ample for us.

Give Wanadoo a months notice or look in your agreement to ensure you didn't have a 2 year deal.

Miki