Hi - have just bought a new t.v and after connecting we have no reception - believe the aerial to be ok and think its just down to being in a bad area as our house is surrounded by hills.

Do you think having a booster would help? What about trying an indoor aerial? Or do you think are only option is to put up a dish- like the nieghbours?

Thanks

Dale

We are in the same position 'dans une cuvette' I think the man said, and the aerial fitter is due in about 5 minutes. I'll let you know what transpires - but our neighbour says she has never had good reception because we are in a valley.

Regards

Dick
BONO ANIMO ES

LAST EDITED ON 05-Aug-04 AT 01:35 PM (BST)

>Hi - have just bought a
>new t.v and after connecting
>we have no reception -
>believe the aerial to be
>ok and think its just
>down to being in a
>bad area as our house
>is surrounded by hills.
>
I have to tell you, as a former designer of TV aerial amplifiers that most, if not all of them, are a pile of poo (including my designs!). If you have a poor signal (defined as being "noisy") to start with, then all you will end up with is a larger, but equally crap signal.

>Do you think having a booster
>would help? What about
>trying an indoor aerial?

No, an indoor aerial is going to be worse. It may be worth asking an aerial installer to check the aerial. An installer with local knowledge may be able to answer the question without looking...

>Or do you think are
>only option is to put
>up a dish- like the
>nieghbours?

I suspect that it is - they have gone the satellite route because they can't get a decent picture perhaps?

Nick
http://www.aplaceinfrance.com

I reckon a booster is worth a try. I have one here - without it I get nothing, absolutely nothing. Plug the booster in and hey presto, crystal clear perfect picture. On the other hand, analogue satellite setups arent that much more expensive anyway...

Henry

The nice man (Christophe - good English, too) has just finished. He spent 4 hours putting up the aerial and charged 240 ttc. We now have excellent reception for TF1,2,3 and M6. We didn't need any form of booster.
He reckons the way to go, though, is a Sky box, and when we come out bring our card with us. Which we probably will.

But the programmes are still mostly rubbish...

Regards

Dick
BONO ANIMO ES