Lidl Satellite Dish and Digi Box

Sorry if I am asking a question which has been answered many times but can anyone tell me the direction we need to point the satellite dish in order to receive English television. We bought the camping/mobile set from Lidl's in England. We have found the Astra satellite but currently are watching German TV!! This is not really the general idea!! Many thanks for your help in advance

Perhaps Lidl dishes always speak in German?

I suspect you are on the wrong astra satellite, which means you only will only need to move it a little bit.
Can you give the name and frequencies of a couple of the channels you are picking up?: look somewhere in the menus. Then we will have confirmation of where we are starting from and alos the type of box you have, Analogue or Digital.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm not very techy but sounds like you have a similar situation to us. We bought a 'bargain' satellite dish and digibox in a French shop, plugged it in and got a range of German programs. We initially tried to reposition it to the correct satellite but in the end gave up and took out an old SKy box from the UK.

AFter much huffing and puffing on the roof (husband) we still couldn't get a signal. It transpires that the LNB - the thing that sticks out in front of the dish has to be programmed to speak to the satellite you are trying to reach. If it has been programmed for German info then that's what it will pick up.

Hope this at least points you in the right direction if doesn't resolve your problem.

There are two Astra satellites, 1 & 2. You need Astra 1 I think, which covers the UK channels. It is aligned at 28 degrees east of South. The pitch is not much above horizontal. It took me about 15 minutes to install mine and I'm no expert. I lined up the dish using a compass and tightened it then just adjust the pitch fractionally until the signal kicked in.

Some electrical shops sell signal strenght meters. These can help if you have no one to assist by monitoring the screen whilst you adjust. Just fiddle around until the signal strenght is at a maximum and come down switch on and voila! They only cost about £20 in the UK which is a small price compared to getting someone in proffessionally.

Trust me it is not rocket science and as I said I am a complete novice and did it easily. There is also a link but I cannot find it since the changeover which tells in detail the process. It is on the website www.frenchentree.com

Search for posts from MAZAN, he was a bit of an expert at all this but I do not know if he is still about.