Wanadoo UK - Wanadoo Fr

Hi,

I've been with Freeserve/wanadoo for a few years now, and went onto broadband end last year. I understand it's a 12 month contract, but when we moved into the rented house for 4 months, I asked to move the account. It cost me £25, but what really annoys me is that I've now been told the 12 month contract starts again!

Ok, so now thinking ahead and our impending move next month, I thought I would contact wanadoo re moving the account to france, after all wanadoo's wanadoo weren't they?  Can't do that, they are france and we are uk, and you can't cancel the contract!

So do they really think I'm going to pay £17.99 for the next 10 months for something I can't use?!

I suppose it will be a bit risky signing up for wanadoo france now!  Suppose I'll have to find another provider, are the contracts for broadband in france 12 months?

Bob

Hi Nick,

I don't know if we have ADSL, I don't have atelephone number yet so I do not think I can check, we will be there in about 3 weeks or so.  We are only about 3 Km from Loudeac so we could be lucky enough.  Whatever, Wanadoo UK can take a hike!

Regards,

Bob

Redcap, I'm afraid that you will still have to pay Wanadoo UK. I am being very cautious about what I sign up for now as we are leaving in about a year. I wouldn't mind the new Tiscali deal, but that too is for a year and my current obligations with them last until around June/July next year.

We initially went with  Wanadoo France, but we left as soon as we could. Didn't like anything about them and found their e-mail sytem murder to understand. May have improved in the intervening years, but, it certainly put me off.