I like to watch the ARTE TV channel both in the UK (via Hot Bird) and in France. The channel has announced that its analogue signal will be disconnected on November 2nd but that it will continue to broadcast in digital on Hot Bird. How do I go about getting the digital signal? I should perhaps add that I can receive British digital channels (in the UK) via a set top box, although the signal is not reliable. Any suggestions comprehensible to the average five year old will be much appreciated.

Roger Kendell

The good news is that unlike all the other terrestrial channels Arte will be available from Hotbird in Digital without having to pay for either Canalsat or TPS. So once it is up and running you will just point your dish at Hotbird as at present and use a digital sat decoder rather than your analogue box. IE It will be exactly the same kit that people use to pick up BBC off Astra without bothering with Sky and cards.

http://www.arte-tv.com/fr/services/tout-sur-ARTE/recevoir-ARTE/recevoir-ARTE/639256.html