BBC reception

Previously  south of Paris, we're now way down in the south west in 81 using a 60cm dish that was already available at the property. This seems to be about the limit in size for receiving BBC. In particular I have noticed that since winter has set in the picture in the evening tends to worsen ~20h00 onwards. Last night it was particularly bad when watching the football. Signal strength is around 80% and quality around 60%, but I understand that for most sky receivers this measurement is only taken from only a single channel - other channels can be better/worse.

Looks like I'll have to get up the roof again and change for a bigger dish.

BTW I'm using my old sky mini dish for canal satellite with no problems whatsover.

regs

Richard

Under the old system on this site during the big upset between Sky and BBC etc there were several points of information on receiving digital satellite T/V and one point given was that you needed to have a minimum of 80 cm dish, which we have and we have no problems on all channels.  We have just started to receive ITV3  F.T.A. and the reception is good also.  We live in the centre of France just South of Montlucon l'Allier.

favets