mobile phone stopped working

I have 6110 nokia for 4 years and use for travel emergencies.but today it will not light up screen with anything.Why?

I can see a faint green light to the side but despite trying recharging battery still no change.

Any advice or do i need a new battery or phone?

thanks and happy new year to all you happy readers.

Will your phone switch on with the mains adapter plugged in?  If not, then it wont be your battery – it looks like a fault has developed with the phone.  Some Nokia phones had problems with the screen fading – is your phone maybe switching on but you just cant see anything on the screen?  Try squeezing the phone above the display – that used to help!

The 6110 was a good phone in its day, but unless you have the car kit or other accessories, it’s probably not worth spending much trying to get it repaired.  If you do want to try to get it repaired, you’d be best asking a small independent mobile shop to quote.

The nearest equivalent current model is the 3410 which is selling in the UK for £30 on Pay As You Go.  PAYG mobiles are usually “locked” to their network – so long as you buy one from the same network as your current SIM card, you’ll be able to put your current SIM in the new phone and therefore retain your number / credit.