HELP!! going mad trying to sort out satellite internet stuff

hi

please can anyone help??

we have signed up with netbysky for internet access. our speed should be 768kbps. we got the dish up ok and are recieving TV on the computer so we know that it is working but the internet is no faster. i have reconfigured the computer as per all the instructions but.................

i have spent a week trying to sort this out and am now desparate. if there is anyone who could help we live in bergonne nr. issoire in the auvergne. i would be more than willing to pay an english speaking tech to come and sort it out - maintenant!! my phone number is 04 73 55 21 75.

thanks

jorja

we know that it is working but the internet is no faster

Just wondering exactly what difference you expect there to be and how you are measuring this?

Are you sure that your dish is correctly aligned? Although you can see TV this doesn't mean that you aren't losing a lot of data through bad dish alignment. There must be a signal quality reading in the software somewhere.

Also these internet by satellite systems involve many users sharing a "pipe": the more there are the fuller it gets. The fuller it gets the slower it gets. I really don't think that they are the solution they appear to be. Low speed is a common complaint.