I need a bit of help, non computer literate. The problem is that if I reply or forward an email I lose the right hand edge of the page,which means I can't close it ie I can't see the X. Could someone enlighten me please.

Regards Wilko

Short term help : many pages and programmes can be closed by the combination ALT+F4.

Long term help depends on what you're using, Apple or PC, what operating system are you using ; win 95, 89, 2000, XP ?

if PC and XP I would try going into display settings and increasing the resolution one notch.

start/control panel/display/settings [push resolution bar along to increase the numbers,] apply. 

this makes everything appear smaller. everything should be on the screen now.

paul

The problem is that if I reply or forward an email I lose the right hand edge of the page,which means I can't close it ie I can't see the X.

It sounds like you just need to resize or move the window, or a combination of the two.

To resize: left-click on the bottom right of the window (the cursor will change shape when you are in the right place) and, whilst holding down the left button, drag the window to the shape you want. Then release. This applies to all windows.

To move the entire window just left-click in the coloured bar at the top of the window and, again whilst holding down the button, move the window. Then release. This applies to all windows.

You should find an interactive tour that explains all this in the start: accessories menu.