Which ASDL ISP & will UK router work?

Hi All,

Further to my post a few weeks back I now have a FT phone line installed.  After going onto "degrouptest.com", it appears that the available choices for me are :

All France Telecom Options.

Cegetel Option 3 Upto 4Mbps.

Tiscal Option 3 Upto 1Mbps.

Looking at all the appropriate websites, Cegetel's current ADSLMAX 8MEGA for €24,90 per month looks the most appealing.  I'm a constant user (mainly leave my PC on all day for emails and MSN use and for Skype telephone calls) and don't upload / download massive files - the biggest file is probably a 10mb database that I email back to the UK on a regular basis.  No big P2P filesharing or anything like that.  Would consider a limited download service, but would prefer unlimited to cover any eventuality.

My question is does anyone have any reasons for not going with Cegetel over and above Tiscali or Wanadoo who seem to be dearer for the same service (Have I missed anything in the T's and C's that will commit me to 5 years with Cegetel etc...).

The other question is I have a D-Link DSL-G604T Wireless ADSL router in the UK which I would like to use in France.  In the UK it uses a PPPoA connection type - but can use PPPoE, Static, DHCP, Bridge or CLIP - would one of those be compatible with the Cegetel service??  I presume I will need a different line connection / ADSL filter?

Thanks for all your help on this.

Toby.

I use Wanadoo because it is convenient, and that I do not live in a 'degrouped' area, so I cannot use some of the better offers from some of the other companies.

I plugged all my UK gear in, only had to change the logon details, and it worked exactly as in the UK, no problems. There are channel differences for wi-fi, which I use as well, but again, no problems. UK was 512, here I use 1024. I leave the gear on 24/24 in the sous-sol and I get good wi-fi signal all round the house.

Mike