Using a standard radio to get reception from a digibox

I know that there is a discussion about this somewhere on the forum but I can't work out how to search it any more!

I have a digibox receiving free to view stations in my house in France.  I know I can attach something to the digibox to get it to transmit a signal around the house which I can pick up on any standard portable radio.

Does anyone have the URL of a recommended supplier? (preferably UK based)

Thanks again

You can't, I'm afraid, not legally in Europe at least.

You can buy video senders, that are just small transmitters that, when used with their own receiver will transmit pictures & sound (but not sound alone) to another TV. They use the "licence exempt" 2.4Ghz frequencies allocated for this purpose.

In the FE & the States, you can buy a low-power FM transmitter for use with a standard FM radio (audio only), but these (whilst obviously obtainable via eBay) are a definate no-no over here. Try one at your own risk, but expect your neighbours to hear what you are doing!

Some time ago we bought a transmitter and a couple of speakers from our local Geant hypermarket to transmit radio from the sat receiver around the house, and in the garden too. It works very well. Yesterday we saw them in the Geant sale at half price! If you buy such a thing in the UK the frequency will be illegal in France and vice versa.

Liz (29)

• 1 month later...

You can get radio speakers which will receive signals from a box attached to the sky box.  I understand that these are completely legal, and I know that they are supplied by satellite dish suppliers who advertise in magazines such as Living France.

I bought two speakers, plus the box to attach the sky box, for Christmas and they work very well, we can now receive UK radio throughout the house.