Cables from PC to TV?

In the case of our DELL laptop it was a question of obtaining a lead with a mini DIN plug on one end and a phono plug on the other - this also combined the picture signal (which if I recall was S-VHS type) into composite video,  although with visible degradation of the picture.  The phono then went into the TV,   although you might need to get a phono to SCART adaptor if your TV doesn't have a (yellow) phono socket for video in.

The sound was obtained just by using a mini stereo jack (3.5 mm) out to phonos and thence to an amplifier. 

We got the lead from cpc (www.cpc.co.uk) and used part AV04578,   I guess (stress that word) that AV08373 would get you through to SCART.   However,  suggest you see if anyone else has any better ideas - as I say I don't know about the second option,  and the one we use is not brilliant picture quality.

All numbers from last year's catalouge,  and not sure if they are 0 or O's.

In my reply above I should have written S-Video instead of S-VHS which is something entirely different.  My apologies.    I've just checked the back of our new PC and it has the same mini-din type plug for TV output as the laptop,  though I have not actually tried it out.