Help - I need a beginners guide to TV in France please?

Hi - we've just signed the Act de Vente and now it seems even scarier because we have an empty house to fill!  We're not going to be living there for a few years but will make frequent visits.  We're going to buy a TV in France and would like a few French channels but also would like the major UK channels.  What do we need to get UK tv as cheaply and easily as possible?  This will be the first of MANY questions I'll be asking over the next few months - I hope I won't be too much of a pain!

I wish. If only it were as simple as not buying a TV. I have never bought a TV here, and yet the licence people have repeatedly asked me to confirm I don't have one. I really don't have one, they really seem to find this incredible. They keep sending the forms. I have seen French TV, I think it is awful and I live in a flat that doesn't let you put up a dish. So no TV. This month I have duly ticked the box on my income tax form to say I don't have one, so I am hoping it is not going to be on my taxe d'habitation.

Anyway, sorry, I know that wasn't the question, my post was really to say the licence is going to be included in the taxe d'habitation.