plug adapters and tv/internet exchanges

hello to all!

I plan on moving to France from the US and was thinking about bringing certain electronics (such as small tv, computer) and was concerned with the varying adapters needed. Does anyone know if I can even bring these items over, and/or what adapters I need?

Also, I want the internet while I am there and didn't know if my computer here would be compatible with the internet there in France? Any suggestions?

Thanks so much!

Be careful. France works on 230v - my daughter-in-law brought over her own hairdryer (110v) which melted the first time she tried to use it...

My computer is American (Apple) and it works fine. I think that computer hardware may be able to cope with different voltages - but I'd check.

I would think your tv will be 110v as well so no good unless you have or will get a 110/230v transformer. Also I think it will be NTSC and unless it is a multi standard set capable of receiving French SECAM L it won't get the terrestial channels here. If you intend to use it with some sort of digital satellite setup it will be ok.

Small Tvs are cheap here so probably better all round to get a new one in France.

See other postings in this section about all this as it is quite complex.