I'm trying to use an FTV card in the Creuse but the digibox reports "no signal". The satellite beeper is suggesting that I've found the max signal strength. I am using a 60cm dish and am wondering whether I need an 80cm one. Anyone else able to receive on a 60cm dish in that region?

Steve

Nick, I thought that a 60 cm dish would be ok too. The alignment as suggested by the satellite beeper should be ok, but skew and lnb offset? How does one determine what is correct and what adjustment is required?

Steve

I'm in Creuse and get Astra signals as good as in UK with 60cm dish.

I was persuaded to use a beeping satellite finder when I was setting my system up.

Total waste of money as it beeped for everything it found, and I guess there are a lot of satellites up there!

In the end I abandoned the finder and simply found the correct location with my son's scout compass and slowly moved the dish a degree at a time.Took about 10 minutes.

One thing I was surprised by, was the lack of tilt required. I have a 60cm oval mesh dish and it's fixed almost vertically. I'd expected to tilt it upwards much more.

Good luck and Happy viewing/listening.

[quote]I'm in Creuse and get Astra signals as good as in UK with 60cm dish. I was persuaded to use a beeping satellite finder when I was setting my system up. Total waste of money as it beeped for everythi...[/quote]

I believe the first 22.5 degrees of tilt is provided by the arm which is offset from the centre of the dish. ( If it was dead centre it would block too much of the signal. Hence dish is only about 9 degrees from vertical for 31 degrees of elevation.