Anyone done their own removal to France furniture and electrical applanices

we are coming!

where to! france with a loaded high top van we have specially bought to transport our furniture with some electrical goods.

Can anyone advise us whether or not we need special documentation to come across with on the ferry Such as a list of items that have been loaded into the van. we are trying to avoid any unforseen problems.

D&G

[quote]so long as the materials are all yours and for your domestic use in your property you shouldn't have any difficulties, or need any paperwork. regards Mike[/quote]

Can I just qualify that;

Provided the goods are VAT paid, you can bring .....

In theory, at least, a Customs man (who was being particularly pedantic) could ask you to prove that you have paid the VAT on your washing machine.

The only worry is about commercial goods where the VAT is received at the point of sale (i.e. transferred between EU states nett of VAT).

Don't you all find VAT such an exciting subject? I do.

So Mike is quite right & I am just trying to get my post counter up.

Not relevant to the question (but relevant to a subsequent post) is that on some things proof of VAT having been paid is very important. If you sail a UK registered yacht into France you may be asked to prove that VAT has been paid on the boat. There are some people who have said (I have read in letters to magazines) that they will not sail their boat to France as (being 2nd hand with no documentary proof of VAT having been paid through the purchase/sale/etc paperwork trail) they consider the risk too great. I have no idea how often this is actually an issue but it is certainly talked about in yachting press. I used to sail happily into France without documentary proof of VAT on my (2nd hand) yacht and never had problems.

I did 3 trips with a transit van packed to the gills and the only hassle was the antiterrorist police but they opened the back doors and 2 bags of lego fell on the officers head so he told me never to darken his door again and sent me on my way.

Generally you never have any hassle with euro tunnel after midnight. and no queue.

If you are living near enough to calais you can get a day return for £45.