French Freeview box?

Apologies in advance if this has already been covered! I have an apartment in the Vendee as a holiday retreat and would like to know if a French equivalent of a Freeview box exists and if so does it have any English Channels on it ie BBC World etc? I ask as my building syndicate forbids the erection of Satellite dishes, and I cannot get a line of sight to the satellite for a free standing dish on my balcony for Sky. Just wondered if anyone out there has any similar problems or ideas.

Many thanks in advance.

Yes, a French equivalent of Freeview (i.e. digital television via terrestrial signal from an aerial rather than a satellite dish) does exist. It's known as TNT. You can buy French televisions with a built-in receiver (we have one) or purchase a set-top box which are very much the same as the UK Freeview set top boxes.

No, it doesn't have any English language channels.

And TNT, like Freeview in Britain, is not available over all of the country.

I’m a KILLING MACHINE, SHAKIN with MONEY TO BURN, I FELL OUT OF HEAVEN, I LIKE IT HOT, with me its ALL OR NOTHIN, I’m certainly not a PRETTY BABY and definitely not GREASY, there’s no TEARS FROM A FOOL on this MAN HUNT.

Live Fast, Die Fast.

JP