Telephone wiring

Hi

I have a book giving some basic details of French telephone wiring which seems to suggest I can have up to 130 metres of cable on the circuit and there is only wiring in series in the schematic.

Can I 'tee off'' and if so how does this affect the 130 metre 'rule' if that is indeed the case.

Thanks

Orion

Not sure about the series bit?   As far as I know the principles are the same as the UK,  ie three wires suffice,  (I think in France using pin/connectors 1 3 and 5,  but as I'm in Devon at the moment I can't check) and that the wires in the cable between each socket link pins 1 to 1,  pins 3 to 3 and pins 5 to 5 (which is actually a parallel arrangement electrically).   On a diagram it might look like series if they are just showing the overall cable running between each socket but the individual wiring for the pins is parallel.

So yes you can T off,  ie use a socket or connector box as a junction, with one cable going "back" towards the primary FT socket and two others feeding individual sockets upstream,  respecting the 1 to 1 and 3 to 3 and 5 to 5 convention. 

As to overall length I can't help,  but 130 metres should be adequate for your run-of-the-mill chateau I would have thought!